Friday, May 9, 2014

I Like To Skip......

With Epsom PS participating in Jump Rope For Heart this year (last time we participated was 2000 when our current grade 4 students were in Prep) we have been lucky to not only have the National Field Officer visit our school from Sydney but to also have a pro skipping team visit from Eaglehawk North PS. It has been difficult 'watching' all this from afar and hearing snippets all too few. I love the act of skipping - I think it takes me back to childhood pleasures of skipping along void of any adult stress and pressure. From the school's perspective it easily meets AusVELS and is not expensive especially when some fabulous resources come form the Heart Foundation. Win/win! I have been planning a great day to act as our grand finale - our 'Jump Off' where I hope that children will participate in demonstrations to the school community, rotational activities and an awards ceremony.




I would love to hear what you have been doing with your class or what you have seen our in our school yard?

1 comment:

  1. The ropes are out and being used daily. Children are skipping their hearts away with joy. "Look at me!" they say as I pass. Its such a great activity for term 2 with the colder weather. Hope your back soon Gill.

    ReplyDelete